Great Thanksgiving Pie Bake-Off prepares 300 pies to donate to the community | Events
Great Thanksgiving Pie Bake-Off prepares 300 pies to donate to the community
On Wednesday, Nov. 21, teams of volunteers will race against a three-hour clock to bake 300 apple pies in The Great Thanksgiving Pie Bake-Off to fill Thanksgiving baskets for Catherine’s Cupboard in Standish. The pies and baskets will be distributed throughout the community that afternoon. Everyone is invited to participate.
Baking space and ingredients will be provided by Bon Appétit at Saint Joseph’s College. Participants are invited to bring their own recipes. Extra recipes will also be available.
The Great Thanksgiving Pie Bake-Off is a fantastic opportunity to engage with the community, share the values of Saint Joseph’s College and have a great time. Over the years, the event has attracted many volunteers, and the number of pies baked has increased from its original 100 to this year’s 300.
The Bake-Off will run from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 21, at the Standish campus. For more information or to register yourself or your team, contact Stuart Leckie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.
- Accident causes traffic on Route 35