Making Hay - Part 1 | Home & Garden
I decided on a whim to try to do a little haying this year. And I mean a LITTLE! In all it's probably not even equivalent to two bales of hay but what the heck! I noticed that the field where the meat birds had been last year grew grass way taller than it had in previous years. Doubtless that is due to all the manure the birds put down! I also know that where my house sits was originally a hay field! So I cut the hay using my Gravely and put it in windrows to dry! More later!
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland
- Police looking for car involved in attempted burglary