Standish family held at gunpoint | News
STANDISH, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office is looking for a group of men who posed as drug enforcement agents and held a family at gunpoint Friday morning.
It happened at a home on Route 113 in Standish around 5:15am.
Investigators say the men broke down the door and held one family member at gunpoint as they tied him and the three other adults in the home with plastic ties. There was also a 6-year old in the home that witnessed the whole thing.
The men, who were wearing ski masks, took prescription pain medication and purses from the house. Officials say they appeared to know what they were looking for.
No one was able to provide a good description of the robbers. Sheriff's officials say only that they were male and drove away in a loud car. If you have information, you are asked to call the Cumberland County Sheriffs Office at (207) 774-1444.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Medications making their way into drinking water a concern for scientists.
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.