Fifth house burns in Gorham arson spree | News
GORHAM, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Another fire in Gorham raises the number of arsons in town to five in just the last two weeks.
A house under construction just off Ossipee Trail on Dingley Spring Road caught fire on Wednesday night. Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland says the fire was started in the back of the house, and damage was minimal.
The fire marshal's office was on the scene to investigate.
Another fire that broke out in the early morning hours that same day was initially believed to be a case of arson as well. However, further investigation revealed the cause to be accidental.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland