Operation GHOP helps business owner and employees | News
GORHAM, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A day long event featuring games, food, music and a silent auction is being held on Saturday to help the owner and employees of the Gorham House of Pizza which was badly damaged by a fire back in April.
Owner Angelo Sotiropolis has been a fixture in the community for more than 30 years, donating food to any and every community group, cause or event when asked.
"We want to do something to support Angelo," explained friend and town councilor, Matt Mattingly. "You know he has carried a lot of people on his shoulders for many years in this town, and now it's time for us to get him up there on the shoulder and carry him around for a while. We are just trying to give back a little bit to what Angelo has done for this community over the years."
The event, dubbed Operation GHOP, is free to the public and will be held at the field house on the University of Southern Maine's Gorham campus. The family friendly festivities begin at two in the afternoon, with a beer garden and bands taking over the space around five in the evening.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Medications making their way into drinking water a concern for scientists.
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.