Gorham community rallies to reopen House of Pizza | News
GORHAM, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Hundreds of people came out Saturday in support of a man who lost his life's business in a fire two months ago.
Fire damaged the Gorham House of Pizza this past April... Shortly after that, owner, Angelo Sotiropoulis, was diagnosed with cancer.
Angelo has been known throughout the community for his generosity over the last 3 decades he's run G-HOP. So, there has been no shortage of people looking to help him get back on HIS feet.
An auction was held today in Gorham to raise money to help him reopen the business. Organizers say they had no trouble filling 20 tables with goodies people could buy.... From gift certificates to furniture.
That support is something, Angelo's daughter, Martha, says has helped change his attitude lately.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.
- Accident causes traffic on Route 35