Class B West: York holds off Westbrook | News
WESTBROOK (NEWS CENTER) - Sean Kelly's two TD runs helped number three York avenge a week 6 loss to second-seed Westbrook in the Western Maine Class B semifinal, 21-14.
Kelly's second score gave York 21-14 lead in the 4th and Wildcat defense denied the hosts at Olmstead field the rest of the way.
Westbrook took an early 8-0 lead thanks to a Cole Bollig 2-yard TD run and two-point convresion.
It stayed that way after the first, when York answered with an 8 yard score by Kelly and 1-yard QB keeper by Mitchell Drew for a 14-8 halftime lead.
The Blue Blazes tied the game in the opening minutes of the fourth quarter when Ben Grant ran in from 8 yards out.
York will travel to South Berwick for next weekend's regional final against top-seeded Marshwood.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.
- Accident causes traffic on Route 35