Westbrook sculpts snow for Winter Festival | News
WESTBROOK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The town of Westbrook is celebrating our low temps and recent snowfall with this year's Winter Festival.
In Sacarrappa Park the Snow sculptors were busy with shovels, scrappers, and hands creating some very unique work. Castles and lighthouses, model towns, and some very large amphibians were carved out of mammoth piles of snow.
Bigfoot the snow Frog and a giant snapping turtle impressed onlookers of all ages.
Other events were open to the public throughout Downtown Westbrook, including a winter 5k, an icy paddle on the presumpscot, and horse drawn wagon rides.
The festival ends Sunday with Sled dog races at Sunset Ridge Golf Course.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.
- Accident causes traffic on Route 35