Westbrook sculpts snow for Winter Festival | News
WESTBROOK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The town of Westbrook is celebrating our low temps and recent snowfall with this year's Winter Festival.
In Sacarrappa Park the Snow sculptors were busy with shovels, scrappers, and hands creating some very unique work. Castles and lighthouses, model towns, and some very large amphibians were carved out of mammoth piles of snow.
Bigfoot the snow Frog and a giant snapping turtle impressed onlookers of all ages.
Other events were open to the public throughout Downtown Westbrook, including a winter 5k, an icy paddle on the presumpscot, and horse drawn wagon rides.
The festival ends Sunday with Sled dog races at Sunset Ridge Golf Course.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland
- Police looking for car involved in attempted burglary
- "World's Largest Touring Grill" cooking to benefit Old Orchard Beach fire department