Mobile home flips off truck, blocks Gorham rotary | News
GORHAM, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Gorham police dealt with a mobile home that flipped off a tractor trailer, blocking the Route 114 rotary on Thursday.
A truck hauling part of a pre-fabricated home tipped over on its side in the rotary at the intersections of routes 114 and 112, near the Gorham by-pass.
The driver needed to climb onto the interior circle of the rotary in order to make the turn -- something other trucks that size have to do all the time.
However, one side of the home-section was heavier than the other, and it caused the truck to tip over. Traffic was re-routed for a couple of hours, until the truck was righted and sent on its way.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Medications making their way into drinking water a concern for scientists.
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.