Police investigate deadly accident in Dresden | News
DRESDEN, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - The Lincoln County Sheriff's Department says Mallory Morse of Buxton died in a two car crash Thursday night.
She was 21 years old.
Police say Morse's car was hit by a Chevy Avalanche after she drove through a stop sign at the intersections of Routes 128 and 197.
The passenger in Morse's car, Keisha Neilson, of Pittston, was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland with head injuries. As of Friday morning, she is in fair condition.
The driver of the Chevy was taken to Mid Coast Hospital and treated for minor injuries. He was later released.
Police say neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors and all parties were wearing their seatbelts.
Upcoming Events near Westbrook
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One person dead after police-involved shooting in Windham
- Windham school has drug discussion over dinner
- A Newton man has pleaded not guilty to playing a role in the killing of Tyler Zanco.
- The Portland Water District is now treating its water with a hi-tech UV light system.
- Accident causes traffic on Route 35